Thursday, May 01, 2008

And for my next trick, I'll vanish from the public eye completely.

I note with great interest that the arch nemesis of Eammon Holmes, Mr. David Blaine has set a new world record by managing to hold his breath for 17 minutes and 4 seconds whilst on live American television.

Why the lack of ambition, David? Surely you could manage an hour if you put your mind to it. I'd be willing to stand on the edge of the pool with a team of others preventing to urge you on in your endeavours, by which I mean "prevent you from breathing". *

This would achieve an incredible magical double-whammy; One, you'd break another world record. Two, you'd perform the greatest disappearing trick of all time.

Think about it.

Shazam.

* David would like to make it clear that this is intended as a satirical post and is no way a death threat against the fine David Blaine. This footnote is in no way influenced by the fact that David Blaine may have magical powers and the ability to turn me into a newt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Love 'em. However, abusive or spam or Anonymous ones may well be sent straight to the bin. Thems the rules.